Sunday, February 1, 2009

January 26, 2009


We we're lucky to get our mosaic of our "Paper Moon" project published on the Lunar Photo of the Day (LPOD- http://lpod.wikispaces.com/January+26%2C+2009 )
Justin and Ian did a fantastic job with our lunar paper mache model of the craters in the region of Ptolemaeus, Alphonsus and Arzachel. We will be using these same techniques for our lunar globes that we started about 2-3 weeks ago. Malena and I had fun too and we were quite pleased it appeared on the LPOD. Bill Rogers stopped during our session and loved the project. The kids liked how the angle of the flash from the camera enhanced the detail of the craters.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your excellent outreach and passion to educate these lucky youngsters! WOW!

    I was just in my backyard taking some personal observation time on the Moon - when I remembered the I had to log my outreach events for the Night Sky Network (ASP) and I saw your interest on my blog. Thanks! I will be following you also. Happy IYA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did things go for you this week? Were you able to do so outreach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately Richard we are not blessed with the amount of clear nights you have so our opportunities are limited. Our mentoring has been postponed twice once due to severe weather and the other the due to school closing. We are surely looking forward to clearer skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey fellow outreach people - what's going on over at your neck of the woods? New Lunar cycle is here - I hope your weather is clearing for you and that you have fantastic opportunities come your way!

    We just passed through 3 weeks of Sierra winter with tonnes of snow on the mountains and a clearing trend for the next few days - hope to get out some and spread the astro stuff.

    ReplyDelete